Saturday 14 November 2015

74. Reflections and shadows

Reflections...
Yesterday the Atlantic threw the first severe gale of the winter at us. It roared across the Garden, dropping heavy rain and whipping most of the remaining leaves off the trees. Eventually the wind eased and the sun came out to reveal a rain-washed landscape shining in the low sun. The remaining breeze was just strong enough to ripple the reflections of the birch trees in the Samhain pond.

... and shadows
I stood up on the earth woman's shoulder to take a photograph of the cleaned, wet Lughnasa circles and noticed my long winter shadow intruding into the frame as if I was another standing stone.

I can't pick up a reflection or a shadow so for once I have no object, just an awareness of the precious, ephemeral moments generated by this ever-changing Atlantic climate.

No comments:

Post a Comment